We are staffed by a team of fully qualified and experienced childcare practitioners.
Our setting aims to:
- Provide high quality care and education for children aged 2 to 5 years
- Ensure children are valued as individuals in a happy, friendly and caring environment
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- Add to the life and well-being of the local community
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
We aim to ensure that each child:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment
- Is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as volunteer parent helpers
- Has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together
- Is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by building on existing skills and knowledge
- Has a personal key person who makes sure they progress at their own pace.
Little Acorns operates in the local village hall in Ifold, 8 miles from Billingshurst, West Sussex. As well as two rooms within the hall, which provides ample space for the children to take part in a multitude of activities, we also have a secure outdoor play area and a covered gazebo, allowing children to play outdoors whatever the weather. Our pirate sandpit is always popular, as well as our wooden role play shed that inspires the children’s imagination. We also have a large secure tarmac car park, which is ideal for riding our tractors, trikes and bicycles and other large motor activities. There is a shaded grassed area that is perfect for camping role-play. There is disabled access throughout and safe, off-road parking for drop-off and pick up.
Key Persons and Your Child
We operate a key person approach, which means that each member of staff has a group of children for whom they are particularly responsible. Your child’s key person will be the main person who works with you to ensure the provision is right for his/her needs and interests, thereby aiding the settling in process. Throughout your child’s time with us your key person will help him/her benefit from all that Little Acorns has to offer.
We keep a Learning Journal for each child, created by staff and parents working in partnership. Your child’s Learning Journal helps us celebrate together her/his achievements. We work together to provide what your child needs for her/his well-being and to make progress towards the Early Learning Goals.
All children aged 3-4 years are entitled to 15 hours of free nursery education a week. This starts the term after their 3rd birthday. For non-funded children or for extra sessions, the charge is £4.50 per hour. In certain circumstances Government funding (Free Entitlement) for 2 year olds and Extended Free entitlement (30 hour funding) is available for those who are eligible.
Policies & Procedures
Our Policies and Procedures are in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Framework, which ensures that the service we provide is of high quality. They are regularly reviewed and amended in line with current legislation. Copies of all the policies and procedures are available for your information in the folder in the foyer.
The Policies and Procedures include the following:
- Child Protection
- Health and Safety
- Promoting Positive Behaviour
- Equal Opportunities
- Risk Assessment
- Supporting children with Special Educational Needs
- Managing children who are sick, infectious , or with allergies
- First Aid